In my time as a Business Intelligence consultant and trainer I have picked up some pretty cool tricks and thought I would start blogging on these tips two or three times a week as I catch myself using them.
In this blog I am going to show you how you can set your default database when you connect to a server. I find this to be an extremely helpful little tip. Please see below.
- Open SSMS and from the object explorer click “Connect”.
- From the Connect to Server prompt: Enter your server and Authentication information.
- Click “Options”, located at the bottom right.
- Next click the “Connection Properties” tab found at the top.
- Locate “Connect to Database” and then click the drop down menu.
- From the dropdown menu select <Browse> and then select the database that you want to be your default. Click Connect..
- Voila! Now every time you connect to that server it will default to that database instead of master!
As always, thanks for looking!